Information I Collect
If you place an order or contact me, then you are providing me with information which may include but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, payment information, phone number and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
It is necessary for me to collect this information so that I can fulfill your order, respond to queries or to settle disputes etc. Also to comply with any legal obligation or court orders or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
I use your information to provide the services you requested and improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
I will only share your personal information when absolutely necessary. Situations where this is or may be required include:
• I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
For tax purposes and to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, I tend to keep information pertaining to any sales for five years.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information:
• Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (where I am required to store data for legal reasons etc) I will delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Roxanne Denny, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you can write to me at: 4 Listers Cottages, Little Broughton, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0XY